PHOTO ON THE WALL

You believed in the world

you thought it was warm and safe

you said I would remember your words

and here I am.


Your words became a spell of love

if I remember to hurt, I can't cope

what if I remember with love,

with all the love you left in this world.


You, little girl I miss

dancing to the beat

in your car,

I will always love you with all my heart.


You were taken by death

you're not here anymore, 

and I don't want to live in regret,

I rather have you present in my heart, my love.


You will always be the reason to keep going

in my veins your love keeps running

and it will always stay,

please hug me in my dreams today.


I had to to do this,

I took your photo off the wall,

thought I'd never do it,

but I've come to understand

that I don't need to keep looking to your photo on the wall

'cause I will always, always, always will see you in my heart.


You were a beautiful mother to a homeless child,

you were a daughter of two beautiful stars, our two beautiful stars

you were the sister of an open and kind mind,

you were the friend who left so much love behind,

you were the meaning of true love to Molly and I.


As dark as it's been,

you've been here for me,

I can't live in sorrow and fear,

taking your photo off the wall

felt like taking a part out of me,

but I can't live in regret and fear,

it doesn't mean as much as you mean to me. 


Even though you're not here

you will always mean the world to me

I will always feel you by my side,

you're not just a photo on the wall,

my little girl, goodnight,

come into my dreams tonight.


8.13 p.m.

04.02.2022

Cali



Comments

Popular Posts